Sold ItemsVery well preserved set of 4 Wiesner Hager chairs made in Austria in the 1970s. Plywood with cherry wood veneer and a tubular steel cantileverd structure. They have the original fabric upholstery. The chairs have an ergonomic shape, featuring organic, curved lines, but an overall industrial design look, being that kind of furniture items that are as much about function as style. Wiesner-Hager was founded by Josef Wiesner as a carpentry business in 1849. In the year 1921 Rudolf Wiesner and Sebastian Hager took over their father’s business, which was at that time purely a carpentry and construction company. With the restructuring of part of the construction business into a furniture manufacture the two lay the cornerstone for a second branch of the business. Now, due to major changes in the working world and the enormous upheavals in the office and properties branch, the furniture offering has been expanded since the noughties to include the services of office consulting and interior design: Concept orientation has become a key success factor. With an export quota of 50% Wiesner-Hager is currently one of the most renowned companies in the furniture branch in Europe.